February 3, 2013

Texture Challenge...

Today is Superbowl Sunday! Baltimore vs. San Fransisco...certainly been an interesting game so far including the power outage.

This weeks Kraftin Kimmie Challenge is texture. We were told to use anything to create texture to our project this week. Here is the card I created for this challenge.

Since it is so close to Valentine's Day I thought I would use Kraftin Kimmie's Valentine Willard for my card. He's so cute.

I used paper from Close to my Heart's Sophia line. It's an older line but I love it for its versatility.

I used spellbinders for the scalloped ovals, and Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy cricut cartridge for the flourish. I then embellished the flourish with pearls from Kaiser Craft. Behind everything I used some pink burlap which I purchased from my local Michael's store. Other items I used to create texture on this card is flowers, wire, metal bee, tiny jewels. Here is a closeup of the metal bee I included on my card. I just LOVE bees!!

On the flowers I also used Distress Stickles - Clear Rock Candy; it's really cool when it dries. It does dry clear but almost looks like it has flecks of mica in it.

Here is the close up of the flowers, you will notice in this picture that you can see the type of stickles I used much better.



Here is the close up of Willard.

I coloured Willard with the following Copic markers.

E00, E11, E35, E74, E79
C1, C3
B91, B93, B97
YG03, YG23, YG25, YG95
R24, R29, R89
Y18

I used glossy accents on the rose buds and the bee on his nose. Just a little extra but I think it adds a lot.

Well that's it for today, so I am off to bed!

Night!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

OMG!! How flippen cute!! That Bee to so precious!!! Thank you so much for joining the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge and Good luck!