June 3, 2010

CROPTOPIA 2010

.
Hiya!

I am still recovering from Croptopia this past weekend. I had an amazing time. This crop was held at Camp Iawah in Godfrey, Ontario. This camp is beautiful. The really neat thing about this place is that it is always full of dragonflies when we come. It's specatular. Here are all the ladies. There were over 90 of us in attendance.



Here are my cropping buddies:

There is Clare, Veronica, Me and Rose, in our matching PJ's. We wore them Saturday night.



We had so much fun at this event. I took Friday off of work and spent the night at veronica's. Rose came Friday morning at 4am. Veronica (the master packer) was able to get all of our supplies into the car in twenty minutes. I think this was the fastest time so far.

We had a good trip out to the camp. Sadly, we were unable to pick lilacs this year as they were already past their blooming stage. We took a nap in the parking lot of a Tim Hortons as we were all pretty tired....not me though, I got a good nap on the way down. Thanks again Vern for driving.

We got to Iawah about 9ish. We got signed in and our stuff emptied out of the car. Then we got down to work. I got quite a few cards done. Here is one.



This is a new Stamping Bella stamp. It is part of the LULU collection. it is called LULU's wedding cake. I love how fanciful it looks on the card.



Here is the close up of the cake.

I chalked around the image with a rose colored chalk. Under the cake I used a bit of grey for the shadowing. On the cake itself I used copic markers, specifically: R81, R83, R85, YG23, R20 and R21. I used perfect pearls on the cake to add a bit of sparkle. I love how this card turned out.

I ended up staying up until 1:30 on Friday night, just working away. I was one of the last people to leave.





I was up again Saturday morning for breakfast about 7:30am, then back to scrapbooking. We didn't stay up too late on Saturday as I was pretty tired.

On the way to the rooms Saturday night Veronica and I saw this beautiful sunset. The picture doesn't do it justice.



We were up again Sunday morning for breakfast at 8:30am. We scrabooked until about noon. After lunch we were on our way home.

Here is another neat thing we saw on Sunday. It had attached itself to the netting at the doors. It's a moth. VERY NEAT!!



Well hoped you enjoyed.

No comments: