March 7, 2013

KK Challenge 168 - Springy Pastel Colours

Good Afternoon All!! 

Hope you are having a great Thursday. Only 1 more day till the weekend. 

Every Friday Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps reduces a few of her stamps and last week I was able to pickup Cute-a-Saurus. I just fell in love with these little dinosaurs. In the package you get 3 adorable dinos and some coordinating sentiments.

So I picked this one to use on Kim's challenge this week which was Challenge 168 - Springy Pastel Colours.

 

You will notice that I not only pop dotted the pink square on the card but I also cut out the dinosaur and pot dotted him as well to add the extra dimension.

I did the background by hand...my first time...trying out a few new techniques. It was a bit harder than I thought it would be but I think it makes this card.
For this card I used Close to My Heart paper - Sophia. I also used Close to My Heart cardstock in Pear and Blush.

I used Distress Ink in Broken China to make the clouds in the background.
 
The copic colours I used were: YG11, YG63, YG03, C3, C5, Y13, RV63, 0, BG96, G94



Hope you like the card!

5 comments:

kel said...

i can't believe you fussycut that dino!!! great job!!!

Margaret said...

Such an adorable image and love your layout and coloring.

Cheryl Valadez said...

WOW! What an adorable card! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! Hugz, Cheryl

Unknown said...

Super cute, love the paper piecing! Thanks for sharing!

Emkay said...

This is so cute. Those soft colours are so pretty.