March 19, 2013

Trip to the USA - KK Challenge #170

Hey All!!!

Well I had an amazing weekend. I went to Buffalo with my friends Erin and Gracie. We had tons of fun! We mainly went for groceries. I LOVE Walmart in the states, so much better than up here in Canada, mainly because they have so many sugar free products which you can't get here.

We crossed the border about 8pm on Saturday night. We ended up going for dinner at Applebee's - what a horrible experience!!!! We ordered their artichoke dip and we it came to the table it was cold, NOT even a little warm. We sent it back of course. While we were waiting for it to come back we got our dinner and managed to eat it all and we never got our dip back. Suffice it to say we won't be going back there.

I also did my first Ihop breakfast...kinda bad now that I have had my surgery but I still enjoyed every minute there. I had eggs, 1/2 piece of bacon and some hashbrowns...it was superb.

We had a great day on Sunday doing some more shopping at Galleria Mall, Walmart (of course) and the outlets. We even stopped in Niagara on the Lake. My friend Erin and I are posing in the photo above in front of the clock tower.

We stopped in at Kurtz Culinary Creations for some of the cold pressed olive oil they carry there. I picked up the lemon infused, mandarin orange, and one with crushed Meyer lemons...We also tried all the samples they have there. So good!!!

Took this picture on the way home. The sunset Sunday evening was spectacular!



Now for my card for this week....drum roll please!


Kraftin' Kimmie posted another challenge on Friday night  Challenge 170 - Anything Goes!!! These are my favorite challenges as you can create whatever piece you want and there are no restrictions.
For this card I used Daisy Mae by Kraftin' Kimmie. She is one of the flower girls that was released awhile back.

I coloured the image using the following copic markers:
Skin: E00, E11 
Hair: Y32, YR21 
Flowers: R20 
Ground: C1, C3 
Dress: R81, R85

For the paper I used the Sophia line by Close to My Heart. I also used Close to My Heart cardstock in Pear.

The miscellaneous supplies I used were cheese cloth, light pink twine, flowers and stickles.

I also added a bit of stickles to the flowers on the front of the card to add a bit more dimension. As seen in the photo on the right.

Well that's all for now. 

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I love your card...such beautiful colours and the added textures are so lovely...thanks for sharing.

Tania said...

Love your card. The colours are gorgeous and I love the flowers. Great photos, too.